While we don’t necessarily advise moving in with someone you are not married too, we understand it happens. No doubt there are a host of reasons we decide to put down roots with people. There are financial things that initiate these moves and there are those of us who simply want to have our cakes and eat them too without going through the formal commitment process. But, sometimes it pays to look at what other people have to say about the topic. This is why we are providing you with quotes about moving in together.
But, if you have already made up your mind, and nothing we say will alter that, we suggest you look into Victory Silos. This is especially true if you are considering moving in together somewhere near downtown Toronto. The Victory Silos Condos are still in the proposition process, but they will offer a luxury tower of 300+ units for people in that area. Plus, since they aren’t going to open up until 2020 that might give you some time to think through the quotes we’re offering you here!
Quotes to Consider Before Moving in Together
Goodreads has provided us access to this list of quotes to consider before moving in together. Recall, of course, that you never really know a person until you have to live with him or her. And, since a lease will bind you to that situation for longer than perhaps you desire, it is in your best interest to reconsider making that move. Here are some quotes from other people who have gone through that process themselves:
- “Women who say that they have met the most amazing guy in the world are only saying that because they haven’t lived with them yet.” – Heather Chapple
- “It’s just I get this feeling — and I can’t believe I’m telling you this — but I get this feeling that life with him will be really, really good, but that I’m not a key part of that. You could take me out of the equation, replace me with someone else, and it would be the same equation.” – Scott Hutchins
- “Some people are not meant to live together, for they will destroy one another and annihilate themselves. Wolves and sheep cannot be put in the same place, for after eating the sheep, the wolves will starve to death.” – Charbel Tadros (click this for more information)
- “The concept of two people living together for 25 years without a serious dispute suggests a lack of spirit only to be admired in sheep.” –P. Herbert
- “Do not believe that living together before marriage guarantees the future. By burning certain stages, you risk burning love itself. Time needs to be respected gradually, just like the expressions of love.” Pope Benedict XVI
- “It may just be one facet of your personality, or it may not even be a facet but a pretension. You can show this false face with no problem when sometimes you meet on a sea beach, sometimes in a garden, sometimes under the moon and the stars, but when you really start living together then the reality starts surfacing. The real person is a hell and all that sweet talk that had happened under the stars becomes just lies.” Rajneesh (learn more)
If you need more examples you can find them here.