When you say vows before God and all your friends, you have some semblance of a desire to maintain that marital status. You know that you have signed on for till death do us part. And, that is a serious commitment. But how do you keep your marriage safe amongst the dangers of this world?
Sure, we would love to tell you that it is easy, but anything worth keeping is going to take intense levels of devotion. Obviously your AR-15, and the best AR-15 scope, are great additions to the family safety vault, but they probably won’t do a lot of good when it comes to truly safeguarding your marriage. You are going to need some tips, not just weapons, for that endeavor.
7 Marriage Sustaining Suggestions
Marriages based on the understanding that love is a verb rather than a fickle emotion will always do better. When we understand that work must be invested then we will be more prepared to enjoy the marriage adventure. Here are some tips for making your marriage last:
- Prayer- Real marriages understand that you need more than just two people. The inclusion of God and prayer in your marriage will help its foundation and longevity.
- Opposite Sex- Surely you have heard that men and women can’t be friends (credit that summation to When Harry Met Sally, learn more here). So, if that is even remotely true you will be best served by being very careful when it comes to time spent with members of the opposite sex. Limit it and make sure there are no “alone” times.
- Work Boundaries- Know your limits. Do your job but don’t engage in too much extracurricular conversation. Know when to avoid people and situations and set those accountability indicators early on. Make sure you are transparent with your spouse but guarded with other members of the opposite sex.
- Attire- This generally applies to women but modesty in clothing is a great way to protect your marriage. If you respect your spouse you won’t show everyone else what only he/she is supposed to see. And, you will also be respecting other people’s marriages by not being a temptation for them to stray either.
- Monkey- Remember the “hear no, see no, do no evil” monkeys? This is the stance you should take as well. Avoid seeing and hearing things that might tempt you to want to do things outside of the confines of marriage. You know what your personal triggers are so make sure you avoid them at all costs to keep your marriage pure and safe. Learn more.
- Internet- There is so much bad stuff to see on the Internet. Therefore, make sure you set safeguards for your time online. You don’t want to view images or videos that can demean the value of your spouse. And, you don’t want to spend so much time online you begin to wish you had something better. The grass is only greener when it’s AstroTurf.
- Time- Marriages cannot grow if time together is not key. You need to date your spouse to keep that fire burning and ensure that you are truly invested in one another on an intimate level. Lots of people find time to be the most loving gift; your spouse might be one of them.
For additional marriage sustaining suggestions read this.…