Whether you’ve been married five years or fifty, it’s important to celebrate your wedding anniversary with commemorative moments. Obviously we can’t all afford to fly away to Paris each year, but there are a number of other great romantic anniversary getaways. Besides, you might just need to start planning them in advance each year so that you can afford that much needed rekindling time.
Planning ahead can prevent you from needing last minute air tickets but sometimes those spur of the moment jaunts can be just as exciting. And, if you play your cards right, last minute air tickets are often discounted for the sake of filling up seats on the plane. However, if you’re not a fly by the seat of your pants kind of gal or guy, you might want to peruse these amazing places to take your honey (and you can plan for them).
Top 5 Romantic Retreats
When we think romance we think quiet, quaint and maybe even a little secluded. So, our suggestions might be a little off the beaten path but we think you’ll love them if your goal is stoking that fiery passion that ignited your marriage vows in the first place. Consider these 5 romantic retreats:
- Morocco- Located in Southern Morocco, we submit to you, Fez (and not the guy from that 70’s show). Imagine staying in a 17th century palace, Riad Laaroussa, with mosaic floors and vintage Fassi furniture. Or Dar Roumana located on a hillside. This century old mansion offers Moroccan cooking lessons! You know your wife would love it if you’d cook for her.
- France- Not Paris, but Chassignolles. Sometimes called the secret village, it’s located at an elevation of 3000 feet deep in the Livradois-Forez, the largest national park in France. This is leisure, serenity, and privacy at its best. There’s only one place to stay here but it offers views of a 12th century church or a meadow of wildflowers. Both are absolutely ravishing. Auberge de Chassignolles is the location you’re looking for. Click this to see what we’re talking about!
- Italy- Vico Equence is quintessential paradise. This hideaway is located on the Sorrento Coast and boasts a pebbled beach, a pink whitewashed clifftop church, and a crenelated castle. You can stay in a lodge just outside the city, Hotel Capo La Gala. The Hotel is studded with stones and rests on the cliff side offering rooms that overlook the Bay of Naples.
- Bora-Bora- We’d be remiss if we failed to present this heavenly haven. Cobalt lagoons embrace barrier reefs and rain forests are overshadowed by volcanic peaks. Where else can you get all the elements of God’s great creation? We’d recommend the bungalows at Sofitel Bora-Bora Marara Beach Resort over the Four Seasons simply for cost effectiveness. This may be a trip that you have to save for but the views are so worth it! Just look at this place here.
- Tasmania- Believe it or not, Hobart is considered wine country. You’ll need to visit Frogmore Creek Vineyard while you’re there as they have a fine selection of organic wine and artisanal foods. There’s also Moorilla a 50+ year old vineyard that welcomes overnight guests and is home to an incredible world-class collection of art. Read more about Tasmania and Hobart.
These are the places you’ve got to go on our romantic honeymoon retreats and if you can find last minute tickets, do not hesitate to load up and head out!